Question Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

• KristinF
  • Away
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

KristinF replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

• Thank you received: 0

darkshadowses replied the topic: Famous person 2017!

• MKDAWUSS
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

MKDAWUSS replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Heh, I had someone I was thinking about for the 2017 vote, but the list looks well saturated now...
  • Thefixer
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Thefixer replied the topic: Famous person 2017!

Christina Hendricks........

CosmicWorth replied the topic: Famous person 2017!

I would like to get Emma Hernan as Genesis 2 or Genesis 3 Female.

axecalibore replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Already available: Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn, Benedict Cumberbatch (2 versions, one is better),Anne Hathaway- not free version is better, Famke Janssen, Christina Hendricks (Share CG).

I like the idea of old Hollywood stars. I would like to see Janet Leigh. Sorry Cobey Smulders did not get funded. I like her. I came up with a Jennifer Connolley model, which is a tweaked version of "Andromeda" from somewhere. I don't do textures any more. These are all V4. I haven't done Genesis 3 since my hard drive crash. Should try to get her back. Don't use her much.

Attachments:
  • dareshiranu@gmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

dareshiranu@gmail.com replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Shouldn't the voting be reset by now. Funding is over for Margot Robie (who I meant to fund but got back on too late to get in on.). And funding is ongoing for Caroline Munro (who I intend to fund - always a big fave of mine.). I'd be happy to vote for Karen Gillan next as soon as anyone, her Jumanji costume alone sells me on her.

The real problem is that there are too many I'd like to have. Linda Blair, Chloe Grace Moretz, man I could list about 100 and still not be finished.

I have an increased appreciation for the effort involved as I'm duplicating people I know, with mixed success and some celebrities with less. But still I soldier on. I get better at it as time goes by. I think.

eyeteeth replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

poll resets every year i think

i know your pain, i have funded a lot of girls who did not get made :D

Only 5 days left to fund Caroline Munro. Does not look good. Disappointing. I think you have to be old to know who that is. From the 70s. I liked Cobey Smulders too. Much more recent.
  • Thank you received: 5

DavidGB replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

axecalibore wrote: Only 5 days left to fund Caroline Munro. Does not look good. Disappointing. I think you have to be old to know who that is. From the 70s.

Old? I'm 56, which I'd accept as middle aged, but ... OLD? I certainly remember her. Her role in The Golden Voyage Of Sinbad in 1973 (which the pic on the vote page is a publicity still from) made a strong impression on the then just 13 year old me ... especially the scene with the 'monster's eye view' downward at her cleavage as she's cowering against the rock wall in front of it. Etched in full detail in my memory to this day! (And that film also first introduced me to the pre-Doctor Who Tom Baker, who did a great villain turn.) Probably more world famous for her (not very large) villain's henchwoman part in the 1977 Spy Who Loved Me, but in that the 3 years older me was more taken by Barbara Bach.

However, much as I have fond memories of Caroline and her probably not entirely insignificant contribution to the development of my sexuality back in 1973/4, (a) I mostly don't render celebs, and (b) I am disabled, with little money, and can't afford to pay for things I don't really want for use. So no money from me even if I am OLD! There are a very limited number of celebs I'd like good morphs of (whom I have suggested and voted for), not because I want to do renders of them or characters they have played, but because I'd like them as bases to alter a bit for a few of my own characters who I'd like to be similar in certain respects I can't create from the available morphs. Caroline is sadly not one of those.

I'm 67. I like Caroline so much I would have bought a version of her and wondered if I had any use for it later. I often buy these things as a basis for my own characters as well. And sometimes not.

trueinfernus replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

I tried to reach out to the community here. Judging by the number of voters we have have, If everyone here donated $20 on every project every request would make the numbers. My pleas fell on deaf ears though

Caroline Munro got 62 votes. If even those voters donated $20 a piece it would have funded $1240. Well over the $700 dollar target

trueinfernus wrote: I tried to reach out to the community here. Judging by the number of voters we have have, If everyone here donated $20 on every project every request would make the numbers. My pleas fell on deaf ears though

I don't know about anyone else, but I am disabled, have been unable to work for the last 9 years, spent all savings a long time ago, and my only income is state disability benefit which barely pays for food and utilities. And my house is slowly falling down around me because I can't afford to get anything repaired. Spending available for 3D hobby stuff is tiny, and I can only afford things I really, really want and will use. It would be nice to be able to keep on forking out 20 dollars for every project for everyone else's benefit even though I wouldn't actually use them, but that would be in an alternate universe where I had a substantial regular income. My ears are not deaf, but my pockets are empty.
  • Thank you received: 3

Greybro replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Paying an artist upfront so that he can make a product essentially risk free is not something I'd ever do. So while these votes are interesting to see how popular a a character may be, for me they are symantec.
  • Thank you received: 3

Greybro replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Does the money get refunded if the campaign fails?

Yes it does

SheilaAnn replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

I haven't voted. I've only suggested a character ( Danai Gurira aka Michonne, from TWD), which I'd gladly pay for. But, suggested that almost a year ago. I'm not paying for it upfront. That would have been foolish and I would have deserved to have my money taken

eyeteeth replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

this is why i suggest that past donations should make votes count more, if you have donated in the past then you will probably donate in the future, there is no point in putting a character up for donation if the only people who like her are people who won't donate
  • KristinF
  • Away
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

KristinF replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

I am all for supporting artists but I personally won't pay donations up front either. I am happy to pay and buy the finished product and have always supported extra_clones. Also, lots of these recent characters don't interest me that much. If Margot Robbie, a young Debbie Harry or Gemma Arterton were made I would snap them up in a heartbeat. :)
  • MKDAWUSS
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

MKDAWUSS replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

There have been times where if it looks like a figure that I wouldn't mind having might make it I'll chip in some money to help it cross the line, but if it's doubtful, I'll hold my money.

shadowz replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

I've been working on modelling Gemma. Hope you like it.
Cheers :)

Attachments:
  • dareshiranu@gmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Gemma looks pretty good. What generation is she for?

When you're finished would you care to share the settings you used?

shadowz replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Really appreciate it.This is for Victoria 4.2 & only tested in Poser pro so far. I suppose you're looking for Genesis figures of DAZ. She's actually finished now. She was created from poser morphing tools/ body & face dials. I haven't decided to share this one for free yet as she's a personal favorite & took some effort to create. Trying to get into the 3D market & she's on the list :)

Cheers!
  • dareshiranu@gmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

You're right on the Genesis. I've gone on from G3 to G8 now :). But still, congratulations on excellent work and good luck should you market her.
  • dareshiranu@gmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Karen Gillan. Seriously? G3 as an upgrade from G2 at a $1000 pledge level? You know that Genesis 8 is out now and will be the new flavor/most supported figure going forward.

Karen is one of my almost impossible to resist figures and you're making her possible to resist I fear.
  • wartech
  • wartech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 180

wartech replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Not a upgrade G3 or G2.... they are not works together) I will ask artist if she will be ready for G8...

Mean no way to create V4 and then port it to G3... had to redraw all morphs.... cause converter is bad... checked lot of them.

Genesis 8 is the same shape as G3, just a different base pose, and has the same UVs as G3 apart from the eyes. Converting morphs from G3 to G8 is trivial, and G3 textures just work on G8 apart from the eyes. That's why a lot of characters have been coming out for both G3 and G8 in the same product - make a character for G3 and it's quick and simple to convert to G8, and vice versa - other than eyes they can both use the same textures. Only thing might have to be different and made for each is any JCMs.

shadowz replied the topic: Famous person 2017!

Thanks a lot for the support. Cheers :)

Still no update on Margot Robbie? Almost 4 months with nothing?